Our forum currently provides two different courses. These are:
1. Malware Analysis Course Available Places: -none, the course is full for now, you can post to get on a waiting list-
- Learn how to set up your own malware analysis lab
- Analysis of Windows targeting malware, statically (metadata extraction, decompilation, dissassembly) and dynamically (monitoring the system, debugging)
- Identification and unpacking of protected samples
- Get a broad understanding of different file formats
- Includes e.g. analysis of native files, .NET assemblies, MS Office files, PDF, JScript samples, VBS, Jar files, installers (e.g. NSIS), wrapped files (e.g. aut2exe), packed files
2. Malware Removal Course Available Places: 7/10
- Learn how to remove Malware.
- Learn how to use different tools for diagnosing systems and fighting malware.
- Get a basic understanding how Windows operating systems work.
- Learn how to assist users on forums with malware-related problems
The Malware Analysis course requires basic Windows and programming knowledge (in at least one language). If you don't know any programming language, you will have to learn programming first to a state where you are fluent in one language. Otherwise your chances in passing the course or just understanding the exercises are pretty low.
You are allowed to apply for one course at a time. We will only take a small set of students in the beginning. This ensures that our teachers are available for you. Contributing members of the WHF community will be favoured over others.
The requirements to become a student are:
- You have enough time and motivation to work on the course
- You are not enrolled in another time-consuming course (if you have, please finish that other course first)
- You are able to self-study
- You are not involved in any blackhat activity! If you are, it may result in a ban from WHF.
- You act mature, you use proper and understandable English (that means no short forms like "ur" instead of "your")
- Programming knowledge is a bonus for Malware Analysis; this will be the case as long as we don't offer a preparatory programming course, you will have a hard time in that course without any programming knowledge
Please fill out the following application form if you are interested in one of the courses and post it here.
Code: Select all
[b]Application for the following course:[/b]
[b]Time I will spend for the course per week:[/b]
[b]Do you have any previous experience related to the course's topic?[/b]
[b]Are you currently enrolled in another course on another forum?[/b]
[b]Why do you want to learn more about Malware Analysis/Malware Removal/Windows?[/b]
[b]What do you offer to our forum in return?[/b] (e.g. assistance for users seeking help here, tutorials in topic xy)
[b]Do you have any programming experience? If yes, tell us about your best project.[/b]
[b]How do you know about our courses or forum? Please explain in detail, URL and or site name[/b]