Hello WHF members.

We are now Accepting applications for.

Malware Analysis/Malware Removal Course

If you are interested please follow the link below.
Malware Course Application

Windows 10 Free Upgrade Offer Ending Soon!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Topic author
Aura
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#1 Windows 10 Free Upgrade Offer Ending Soon!

Postby Aura » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:31 pm

The free upgrade to Windows 10 is ending soon (on July 29th), so if you didn't upgrade yet and wanted to get the free offer, it's time for you to take it!

If you're encountering issues during the upgrade process, feel free to create a thread there to receive assistance. I would also follow the tips in the link below before the upgrade process to make sure it goes smoothly.

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/10-thin ... indows-10/

tl;dr: Fixing "system errors" (corrupt files reported by SFC and DISM) isn't really necessary. I only address them when I'm out of options. However, making sure that your hard drive is healthy (SMART check-up, no bad sectors, etc.), uninstalling third-party security software and making sure you're running an Administrator account are the most important things.

I would also suggest backing up your data before, just in case the upgrade goes South. Also, the easiest method (in my opinion) is to download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool, download the .iso, mount it and launch the upgrade that way. On Windows 8 and 8.1, you can mount an .iso file by right-clicking on it and selecting "Mount". On Windows 7, you can use Daemon Tools Lite.

https://www.daemon-tools.cc/products/dtlite

Note: The free version comes with ads, so be careful during the install and watch out for any "promotional offers".

Nuworld
Owner
Owner

#2 Re: Windows 10 Free Upgrade Offer Ending Soon!

Postby Nuworld » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:50 pm

Yep I seen this the other day.
Also read Microsoft will start charging 7$ a month for Windows 10 enterprise.
I'll see if I can find that article.

Found it!

-------

For months Microsoft has been describing Windows 10 “as a service” and now we know why. Microsoft is going to introduce a monthly subscription fee for Windows 10 usage…

That cost will be $7 per user per month but the good news is it only applies to enterprises, for now. The new pricing tier will be called “Windows 10 Enterprise E3” and it means Windows has finally joined Office 365 and Azure as a subscription service.

Microsoft Confirms Windows 10 New Monthly Charge

Versace
Malware Analysis II
Malware Analysis II

#3 Re: Windows 10 Free Upgrade Offer Ending Soon!

Postby Versace » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:20 am

I get why Microsoft decided to give their users a free Win 10 upgrade but I don't understand why they're ending this? More upgrades, more Windows users, less Apple products. No?

Wascond

#4 Re: Windows 10 Free Upgrade Offer Ending Soon!

Postby Wascond » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:00 am

Good to upgrade windows 10 free but can we still upgrade it free?

Versace
Malware Analysis II
Malware Analysis II

#5 Re: Windows 10 Free Upgrade Offer Ending Soon!

Postby Versace » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:47 pm

Wascond wrote:Good to upgrade windows 10 free but can we still upgrade it free?

Unfortunately, the opportunity to upgrade to Windows 10 for free already ended. However, you can purchase it for $120 USD.

Return to “Windows 8, 8.1, 10”